Monday, June 16, 2008

My experience With Open Suse 11

First I tell You I am a big fan of Linux as it is open source . My first linux distro was open suse 10.1 thereafter I got attracted , as it is much improved disrto with any other, having imaginative features and its own menu called kick off menu. So, I am telling you my first experience with Open SUSE 11.

My PC hardware info for OpenSUSE11 :


AMD 3000+ 64 Bit

MSI motherboard

RAM 512 DDR
SMPS 450 watt iBall

Sony 20X DVD writer

Digital headphone

graphic card : none

monitor : 15' Samsung
.

Installation :
Installation was straight forward and faster than previous version. I tried Open SUSE 11 new KDE 4 DVD . Installation is faster with a combination of black green themes also looks great. Lets take a graphical boot images .



Adjusting Location & Time & selecting Desktop :

Installation More Screen shot :





Partition:

Open SUSE 11 having a wide range of partitioning your hard drive but I choose largest continuous free space for installation as I always do because SUSE default partition will reduced my Windows XP space.

Lets have a first look of Open SUSE 11 KDE 4 version :


Hardware Detection :

It detect all my hardware automatically , correctly detected my monitor's screen resolution 1048*768 , My printer EPSON C58 not detected as it not detected by any other Linux distro so I manually choose Epson C84 driver and it works. It detects all my hardware flawlessly .

Desktop Experience :

No one can beats suse in terms of look and innovation.Its amazing KDE 4 rocks I have no words to describe it correctly , I can Feel KDE4 that comes with open suse is much better than Kubuntu . It is damn fast , Secure & Look is no matter for suse. Desktop Widget , Firefox 3 and open office.org 2.4 making this distro no. one in my list of OS .

Conclusion :
A powerful Distro that comes with great features and looks and its damn fast. just give it a try and you can feel it.






0 Comments:

Please send your suggestion to akshaw1@sanjay4u.co.cc